OT- DUMB MOVE..One of my Better Ones

Okay, we moved mom in with us, so we decided to re-do the basement, make it both a work area and family room. So we can escape mom. Things like overhead lighting, and a plasma TV. When they started work we discovered no walls had insulation, now the lower floor has insulation, we shall save on energy bills RIGHT?

WRONG. I also had them put in more baseboard heating in my garage so I could work out there for once. What did we discover this past week? Glad you asked. Between the two computers, the overhead lighting and the plasma TV the new room is a sauna. Now the big problem, the heat for the family room is also the heat for the garage so if I need a warm garage in the winter, I need to use the aircondtioner in the family room where the THERMOSTAT is located.

Another dumb move.

Reply to
Bill Glass

You're not in as bad shape as you thought you were. Put a window type air conditioner in the wall between the garage and the new room. It will take the heat out of the bonus room and put it in the garage. Jerry (just tryin' to hep)

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Cool Idea.... Actually a warm idea. It would work as they actually back each other on a common wall.

Reply to
Bill Glass

Having been in your basement, I can say that this was a MAJOR undertaking...... Where did you put all the Stude stuff in your old office/museum? And the shirt machines? Curious minds want to know... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

We are working on that this very moment.

The museum stuff is going up and in a mor orderly fashion, on shelves, not on the floor, and the banners are up, hanging, and more are going in the garage.

We have a mess, but it is more orderly right now :)

Reply to
Bill Glass