OT: good cheap photo editing programs for windoze

all,

finally got a shiny new digicam, tried it out today, took a few pix on the lowest res (1024x768) and wanted to shrink them down a bit to post them. I tried to reduce the size by using the "stretch/skew" command in paint, and they look absolutely awful. is there a better app for this? I wish I had my "beater" puter up with Linux so I could run them through the GIMP but it'll be a while before I get to that point.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Photoshop Elements

Around $100

JT

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Alex Magdaleno

Use Irfanview. It's free, it's lightweight and does a great job at all the simple stuff. highly recommended.

Rob

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Rob Stokes

If all you want to do is reduce the pixel count (which in turn reduces the size), then I recommend the freebie program "pixresizer" ... get it at

Gimp is available for windows:
Or, FocusViewer freebie organizes and edits (crops, etc):

WayneC

Snagit kicks ass on screenshots. When I resize images - they come out clean and clear and un-distorted.

$39.95 -

Techsmith does very good software.

Mark (Screenshots R Us) Dunning

Reply to