OT launch of the Citroen DS

Citroen have relaunched the DS model. This is the first article that I have seen with pictures

Colin Jack

As I understand it, the "DS" designation will go all through the various current lines, like a C3DS, and mean more of a 'top-luxury-with-cutting-edge-innovations trim level' rather than be a stand alone luxury model. Now, if they would only bring back French cars to North America, beyond the "Nissan Versa" which is actually a Renault and the "smart" ie, the ones with the wonderful seats, the incredible ride, and the economical powertrains. I loved the DS, and treasured the times I rode in one/drove one. Really different by design, but it all made a weird sort of sense.

Jim Bartley, PEI

88 Jeep Wagoneer 4x4 daily driver 86 Jeep Comanche 4x4 86 Peugeot diesel wagon 63 V8 o/d Studebaker Wagonaire 57 Champion o/d 4 dr 56 Panhard Dyna 49 Kaiser Special
Reply to
George Mills

With the price of fuel here in the SF Bay area, I'd kinda sorta like to see the 2CV re-issued. You really don't need anything more for scooting around town, and they have a amazing ride quality. Chris

Reply to
Chris

Visualize yourself climbing the hill to the stop sign where the Mark Hopkins is, in a long line, and having your parking brake cable snap. It happened to me in the 1964 GT - and the seat hinge snapped!.

I'd scream like a seven year old girl if that happened to me. Chris

Reply to
Chris

What? No Hill Holder? Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I'd just like to say that I think I'd rather have the old one.

I mean, really. that's not even a car, it looks like a warmed over Isuzu Amigo.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Looks like a nice enough little car but nothing special, certainly not anything like the original DS.

Kind of like if Ford introduced a new Mustang and it was really the next generation Focus, nice enough little car but no Mustang.

Reply to
JeffDeWitt