OT Non-Stude problem

Last night an little-old-lady friend came over to visit, and drove into the parkling spot until she hit the concrete bumper at the end of the space, Later, she would reverse, but the car would clunk to a stop, like if there was a sudden gear interference as with a broken gear tooth. It was dark and we couldn't find anything wrong. Real heavy-metal clunk.

We drove her home and this morning she came back with her son and a mechanic. (We were at a previously scheduled appointent.)

The car was gone and a phone message told the story. The concrete stop was held in place by two rods going through it in to the pavement and ground. A little bit was above the stopper and part of the Caddy chassis caught on the rod when she backed to a certain point.

The son had lifted the front a bit so it cleared the rod and he pounded the hell out of the rod getting it in flush.

BFH wins again!!!!!!! Karl

Reply to
Karl Haas