OT,The Most Unpleasant Man On Ebay

Malcom - I see nothing wrong with these listings. Are you sure you linked to the right guy?

Reply to
zoombot

The feedback I'm seeing looks bogus and "manufactured" along with some very negative stuff. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

No Malcom, I'm witfh you. I'd just look elsewhere... Rhonda aka red2ubabe

Reply to
Red2ubabe

What I saw,was somenone dishing out real negatives. By the truckload. People who left him a positive and him coming back 3 months later and slamming them with no mercy. Of his feedback left for others, I would bet, of his 2500 transactions, he left maybe a 1000 negatives. One of his stated "I was drunk",and another one where he rants about a buyer being from Japan,the buyer says he isn't, and according to Ebay his address is the US.

"I AM in the USA - NOT Japan. BARTOTTI is delusional - check his feedback... a.. Follow-up by bartotti (Apr-19-07 08:32): no,i am not.check his feedback from RLAMPARD.this LYING ebayer bid from JAPAN!!! Negative: irresponsible ebayer,did not let me know if item was received as he agreed TO DO

Reply by daddyrules777 (Apr-04-07 19:07): MY 100% +FB prior to this SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. Please read this sellers - HISTORY

Follow-up by bartotti (Apr-05-07 08:14): PLEASE DO! he is NOT a responsible ebayer, hence my negative FB, GROW UP BOY!!!!

And it just goes on and on. NOw you guys tell me, Is this an Ebayer you'd like to do business with.

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

In another post, JP mentioned a seller must have a 95% positive feedback in order to sell. At the rate he is going, he will put himself out of business soon. On the other hand, too many buyers are beginning to think by leaving negative feedback it justifies their inability to read the ad and its terms. If a person has a dispute, they should try to work it out long before the feedback is placed. I think the novelty of eBay is winding down anyway, as people get fed up with the games. I finally came to the conclusion that the 'stupid questions' are mostly from spammers harvesting email addresses.

Reply to
keith_kichefski

OK - I went back and reread farther than one page of feedback. The guy obviously has a hair trigger temper, and cannot communicate well when he is angry. Most of what I saw (1200 transactions) were problems with non-US bidders - he won't sell outside of US. Neither will I, and I make sure this policy in mentioned prominently in my auctions. I just cancel their bids if they are outside of US (I check every bidder's feedback as soon as they show up). I still don't have a problem with the dude.

Reply to
zoombot

Well, obviously he has issues with people about not following instructions to the "T". Quit a few people in the real world, not just on ebay either, these days, aren't capable of this much descipline. I wouldn't buy anything from him, because 1. He is ultra essentric, or sensitive if you will. And 2. I don't give out my card numbers to anybody, especially to fruit cakes over the phone.

However, to be fair, he has given a lot more positive feedback then negative, so someone must be able to meet his rather strict instructions to the "T". When you bid, it is the sellers game, his rules you have agreed to abide by, within the constraints of the greater ebay policy.

All fruitiness aside, I myself ran into one of these sensitive types and even though I sent the payment the next day, it arrived there 1 day later then was accepteable to the seller. They refused to cash the check and sent it back. Left me negative feedback about lying and not paying. I had to fax copies of the letter I sent them (post marked), a certified note from the post office that said letter had not been opened until in the presence of the postal worker signing the note, the uncashed dated check and the letter they sent it back in (post marked), to Ebay before the matter could be put to rest. Ebay finally advised the seller to seek a mutual withdrawal of negative feedback. I'm not sure Ebay did me any favors, or that I actually won the arguement. But, it did teach me a valuable lesson about playing ebay. The obvious lesson, "If your going to play ebay, bring your own soft cushion to sit on afterwards, because you may need it when you've been bitten on the ASS"!

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht