1915 on ebay!

Did you all see that 1915 on ebay??? How much do you think it will go for? does anyone know anything about this car? Man, I could see myself all dressed up like Mary Poppins driving that car around! That is totally the "Cats Meow"! Gonna sell my husbands new 53 truck out from under him and his 23, I want that car! How many like that do you think are out there? I've never seen one, I dont think???

Rhonda ps can u tell I'm alittle excited about it?

Reply to
Red2ubabe

John Poulos

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

I sold my 1924 Light Six Touring car for much the same reason. These cars were made in an age when travel at 25 mph was considered normal. Take one of these cars out on the road today and impatient drivers want to run you over (even if you pull over every now and then to let them by). Try driving up a steep grade on a rural road with a tractor trailer on your bumper as you down shift into second gear at 15 mph. With that said these cars are fun in parades and at car shows, when no one is in a hurry. Also keep in mind if you buy one of these vintage cars you will need a full size pick up truck and a decent trailer to haul it to the shows.

Reply to
Dan Peterson

But, an R-2, rack and pinion steering and 4 wheel disc brakes would cure all that! BOSEG

Jim (ducking and running) Turner

Reply to
Jim Turner

Reply to
itraseecab

Well, that's better than the big block and Fatman front end that Calvin would want to put in there!

Jeff DeWitt

Jim Turner wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

made in an age when travel at 25 mph was considered normal. Take one of these cars out on the road today and impatient drivers want to run you over (even if you pull over every now and then to let them by). Try driving up a steep grade on a rural road with a tractor trailer on your bumper as you down shift into second gear at 15 mph. With that said these cars are fun in parades and at car shows, when no one is in a hurry. Also keep in mind if you buy one of these vintage cars you will need a full size pick up truck and a decent trailer to haul it to the shows.\\

IIRC, Dave Dudey used to drive his series 16 from San Jose area to San Luis Obispo for the SOCA meet. I think that this is 300+ miles.

Karl

Reply to
midlant