OT - USS New York

I must not be keeping up with current events very well, hadn't heard of this vessel.........

Dwain G.

Very cool!! I hope this ship has a big part to play in the war against terrorism.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

The History Channel did a piece on the ship and showed the pieces of the TT arriving, the melting and the pouring of the castings. It was very involved as they needed a specific amount of a certain steel, and they went to great lengths to seperate the different metals that arrived in 65 foot open gondolas. They went thru a great deal of work to get the right mixture.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

Kiss of Death... "This page optimized of for Internet Exployer.."

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire