OT- want to see what it's worth now?

I used this inflation adjuster to see what some parts in a 1966 price book would be worth now- kind of interesting. Paul Johnson

Paul Johnson

Its not very realistic Paul, I bought a 1978 Dodge D100 for $4200 in fall of 1977. According to the westegg page, I would pay $13k in 2005.

Cant recall Dodge selling any new trucks last year for $13k.

Reply to
transtar60xxx

It's based on the Consumer Price Index. However, it doesn't account for higher prices for some items or for improvements over the years. A 1977 Dodge truck certainly wouldn't be comparable to a new one in terms of comfort, features, etc. I paid $.23/gallon for gas in '62. According to the inflator it should now cost $1.42 (I just filled up yesterday at Sam's for $2.859 and thought I was doing well). Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

That might buy you a base model el strippo truck, but your point is valid. Prices for vehicles have gone up across the board because of gov't mandated equipment like emissions controls, airbags, ABS etc. One would think that improvements in manufacturing could offset some of this cost but apparently not all of it.

nate

Reply to
N8N