Plugging hole in intake manifold

I have a 4 barrel manifold that I removed the choke tubes from in order to fit an Edelbrock carb on. Now I have a

1/2" hole to fill. I have used a metal cap with little prongs, but it doesn't stay in very long. I was thinking of an expandable rubber plug, but I doubt the rubber would stand up to the heat very well. Any other ideas?

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

pipe tap and pipe plug.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I thought of that, but I would have to remove the manifold to do it. I am looking for a lazy answer!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam
Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Tiny freeze (core) plug. I have been using them for a while...knock 'em in. Most 'real' auto parts stores. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Did you knock the tube plug out, or just cut off ther tubes above the manifold? It's just a u-loop inside the manifold, so you don't need to do anything if you just cut the tubes. Maybe a dab of JB Weld to fill the two little holes for cosmetic reasons. If you still have the tapered plug with the tubes in it, you can drill out the u-loop tubes, and JB Weld the now open holes and tap the plug back in (a little JB Weld on it will help. That way you can do it 'manifold on'... A lot of people take a 5/16" carraige bolt and use that to fill the hole, but that's a manifold off proposition. HTIH Jeff

Reply to
DEEPNHOCK

Hmmm, I kind of like that idea, too. The carriage bolt, I mean.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam