Raymond Lowey Design Boat

Did Raymond Lowey design any boats? It seems he designed many other things, but I don't see any boats. Steve Vogt

Reply to
Newsgroups

Yes, he did Steve...

"Newsgroups" wrote...

begin 666 Raymond Lowey Ferry.jpg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`@``9 !D``#_[ `11'5C:WD``0`$````(P``_^X`#D%D M;V)E`&3 `````?_;`(0`#@H*"@L*#@L+#A0-"PT4&!(.#A(8&Q86%Q86&QH4 M%Q>BT%H+Q6@*E*AN:4E:%TH#I46W92@K1/902U%>`'MH9$[[K@M_>! M3*M//E#*ERLM[A=K#,X-'"&-NYD0/#N1;I^%M>4D8&R/9N5K"0HMIRH/7?SV[SVL9BCY5C0WQ._>.( MX\A7>Z3ZCP>I.,

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I'm sure he did, but can't find exactly which craft he was involved in. Supposedly he could travel across the country and never use any form of transportation that he hadn't designed. Back in his heyday, Raymond Loewy was a household name - he was involved in everything.

Reply to
zoombot

Try these:

Tim K.

Reply to
GTtim

If he did it'd probably look like one I found last week. I stopped and took pictures of it and talked to the boat shop where it's located. The boat itself looked pretty good, but also expensive to get back on the water.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Not if painted correctly... but I did learn that it would clash with my checkbook so it's still sitting where I found it. Ray sent me a link to one that was restored and for sale, the guy had $12,000 into it. For $12,000 I think I could find a more functional boat than this two seater.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Lee, I understand why you looked at it so close! That's a kewl one for sure. Sure wish I was still green enough to think I could restore it & pull it behind a stude truck. Rhonda

Reply to
Red2ubabe

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

It it for sale? I think that would be a cool project for at least a cosmetic resto, even if it never saw water. I've never been into boats, but that one is very cool!

Reply to
Tom Adkins

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the tail.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Yeah, he wants $1000 for it. Supposedly, it was designed as the original ski boat... which is why there are only two seats in it.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Love the air scoop and grille!

Reply to
zoombot

here is a site on lowey boats

On Mar 28,9:24 pm, "Newsgroups" wrote:> Did Raymond Lowey design any boats? It seems he designed many other things,> but I don't see any boats.> Steve Vogt

Reply to
j.shavish

Reply to
Newsgroups

There are probably alot more Brooks Steven's boat/boating designs..... His company was the lead design team for Evinrude. I found it interesting that some of his earlier designs shared Studebaker nomenclature... The Cadillac Lark (1956), and Evinrude Lark (outboard motors) ...

Here's an interesting Brooks website to browse....

Ray

Reply to
Studeman