Rear Differential lubricant?

What do most folks use for a lubricant in the rear differential? I'm getting the rear end cleaned up and need to refill it tomorrow. The gear wear pattern looks normal based on the figures in the shop manual so I'm just going to clean it up and refill.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim Ulrich

Ted H. recommended Redline Heavy Shockproof, but any good 80W90 or 85W90 gear lube should be acceptable. If it's a Twin Traction make sure you buy something that specifically mentions limited slip diffs (Redline does,) or pick up a tube of the limited slip additive.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Thanks for the info Nate.

I failed to mention that this is for a 56H President Classic with the automatic transmission. There is a big 44 on the casing. The shop manual says it should be a Salisbury 44-3 semifloating hypoid.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Ulrich

Reply to