Reedsville things for the wife

My wife HATES to go to Reedsville. It sticks in my mind that there are Amish or Mennonite food stores nearby and a good Amish or Mennonite restaurant west of Reedsville, but Googling hasn't found them for me. Anyone have any info on these business? Thanks, Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Peachey's is the place you are thinking of. It is near Belleville, about 3 or 4 miles west of 322 on 655 from the Reedsville fairgrounds north exit. The family-style restaurant does a fantastic buffet breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausages, scrapple, grits, biscuits, gravy, and much, much more. The grocery store sells all kinds of things, but also sells flour, sugar, beans, other staples in plain plastic bags for the Mennonite/Amish customers. It's the meat department I like, where I stock up on smoked pork chops and thick-sliced bacon [my doctor isn't reading this, I hope!]. Upstairs is a gift and furniture shop that has things like chairs and tables made from tree branches and a wide variety of Amish/Mennonite craft work. I usually stop there Saturday mornings before hitting the swap meet. Since the Amish drive their wagons to the store and tie the horses up out front, just watch where your feet land in the parking lot! It is considered impolite to take photos of Amish without their permission.

Gary Ash Dartmouth, MA

Gary Ash

There are other interesting places. There is what we call in NY a very large Deli, that actually makes pickels and another place that makes potato chips, and a lot of antique shops.

Reply to
Bill Glass

Be still, my heart!

Reply to
Dave's Place

Does that mean your Eastbound next week?

Reply to
Bill Glass