Returning to alt.autos.studebaker

Hello alt.autos.studebaker

This group was always a great place to talk Studebakers, and now that my daughter is driving the 65 Daytona regularly I thought it would be a good idea to check back in prior to needing advice. I am sure many things have changed since I was here last. The biggest change in my life is my daughter Natalie is all grown up. She is now 18 years old, is starting her 2nd year of college, and loves "her" Studebaker. She turned out to be a very easy kid to raise, and seems to be very ready for life as an adult. Life has been good, and I hope everyone is well.

Best,

Rob Jones

Reply to
Rob Jones

Suggest you head over to the forum on the Studebaker Drivers' Club website. This has been ruined by spammers.

Reply to
zoombot

Actually, it hasn't been. I've never left, and while there's been the odd splurge, it's certainly not unmanageable.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes
Reply to
Studebaker George

Remember who you're talking to, this guy isn't happy unless he's unhappy.

Lee

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Studebaker George, "took the words right outa' my mouth", agree totally w/your comments.

tempestan

-- Message posted using

information at

tempestan

Happy to hear I am not the only one that still likes this NG better than the moderated one. I tried to like over there but it just doesn't work for me.

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Well, I like both groups. Can't get on Usenet when I'm at work, so I tend to go to the Forum, more, because I CAN go there when at work. But I'm home at the moment.

Gord

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Glad to hear of your parental success!!

That's the most important job you can do, and It sounds like you did it well.

2nd year at college at 18- that's impressive!

Driving the Daytona is also a Good Thing.

Where's she going to school?

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Nice Pictures and good luck to you and your family...You did good...I wish you well and like George said this is the place to come to chat or question nicea people...

Lansing

The older you get the faster your life goes...

Lansing

Remove X in address to e-mail me...Fight Spam...

Reply to
Lansing

Just remember to appreciate your kids when they are little. They grow up fast and are gone before you know. Later when you have an empty nest you wished you would have spend more time with them! Both my boys and my daughter learned a lot about studebakers and cars in general. When my daughter went to college, she was called "Sandy the mechanic." She fixed things on her friends cars etc. She owns a 1956 President Classic and I have pictures of her installing a new speedometer.Priceless! Bob Kapteyn

Reply to
RBK.

Rob, I thought that I saw the Daytona being used about town! I moved my Champion to Jackson CA where it could sleep in a covered garage when not being used, as it deserves.

Best wishes, Chris Houck

Reply to
Chris

Rob you have a right to be very proud of you daughter

When a kid turns out that good in this day and age it is a rarity.

My daughter turned out great also but she is 40 years old now and it was a differant era when she grew up.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Jerry Kaiser