Anyone own a 2003 Wolfsburg Jetta?

I'm really thinking about purchasing a 2003 Wolfsburg Jetta. (5 spd) I need passing power, good suspension, and collision safety. (I'm on the road 1000 mi/ wk) Is this the car for me? Horror stories about electrical systems and transmissions are holding me back.

{2nd choice is a Honda Civic - which has no "go"!}

Any/all input would be much appreciated (especially regarding 2003 Wolfsburg Jettas)

camo

Reply to
camocarmen

Well, the only input you'll recieve here is about aircooled VW's. We won't be very helpful to you! Take your question regarding the Wolfsburg Jetta to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

They will be much more helpful. As far as I'm concerned, I would take the Jetta over the Civic ANY day.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I'd go with the Civic.

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Little biased against watercoolers eh Jan? :)

~Anth>

Reply to
Anthony

................He ain't the only one. I detest those stinking jettas. I wouldn't trade a five year old civic for a new jetta.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Thanks - will do.

(looks like I've open up a can of worms. oops...) camo

Reply to
camocarmen

For years that is all my daughter thought about. Getting a new Jetta when she could drive. Thank goodness she came to her senses. Sorta. She has a Kia Spectra now and loves it. Could not convince her to get a bug but tried....*8-}

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

I know enough about them (Jettas) to stay the hell away from them. Regardless of the year.

Let's just leave it at that.

I have nothing against *decent* watercooled cars, I have more watercooled cars than aircooled.

Just none of them are VW. And there won't be any in my family either.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Some stay away from them due to those Four tradmarked letters of the alphabet called VWoA.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

We have a Polo bought new in the UK in 2001 - its great!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Bennett