S. Georgia- Who can rehab our Stude, top to bottom?

We have a 1950 Studebaker Champion that needs some work. We have two of our own businesses, so there's no way we have time two putter around with it ourselves. So, we are looking for a shop that can do work on both the engine and body, and do a good job for a reasonable price. Does anyone know of such a place that is not too far from extreme Southwest Georgia?

My uncle in Oklahoma was only the second owner of this car, and he worked on it here and there for years in his shop. We were interested in an antique car that came from family, and his health was just too poor to work on it any more, so he decided to sell it to us. The body has been primed, and none of the original windshields or windows are cracked or broken, and it looks like the original chrome is all there, but not all is attached. My uncle said he had had it running not too long before we picked it up a year ago, so maybe the engine is not too bad. The interior is a mess, though, and we would want to add air conditioning and seatbelts.

We want to find someone pretty soon, because I think my uncle would be glad to hear his project car has been really fixed up, and I would like to get as much done as possible before he's gone.

With help, maybe we can be driving our Stude soon!

Thanks for any advice!

-- Message posted using

information at

Stude_Family

Studebaker George in Tallahassee is your man, if he can find the time to work on it. He lurks here occassionally.

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser