Sad Day.... Nimesh is leaving Studebakers

In the script of the ebay ad for the rods, Nimesh states that he is getting out of Studes.

Ron Butts

It seemed to me that I stiil (sic)on the curb infront of my house about that year, with a sign saying "Hubcaps for sale." Scattered abou me were several that I found along the roadway and tried to unload. It was my first try at self-employment - as successful as those that followed.

You should have just save them for about 60 years Karl, you could sell them now!

Reply to
Barry

Anyone know why Nimesh is leaving the Stude hobby? Seems like it was only a couple of months ago that the new website was up with some ballyhoo here on the NG. I suspect he ran smack into the "frugal" Stude lover syndrome. I am quite sure his knowledge and skills weren't a factor but how many hi-po engines can you sell given the small number of Avantis and suitable Hawk/Lark examples that remain?

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

I'm sure he'll be in touch ( and receptive), if we need something. No one would invest that much time and expertise and then drop it without another venture in the offing. Many of us are a lot older than he. It might be that he's trading marques to generate more traffic for his virtues. Can't blame him for that... ( I just hope no one (of us) got him PO'd about something)

bobJ

Reply to
BobJ

Heaven forbid someone should criticize the great and powerful Nemesh. If a little bit of criticism sent him running, then 'bye bye. Y'all get a friggin' grip.

Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Most successful business people usually have thick skin qualities.

Dat sed, I'm not in enny biznus...

JT

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

LOL! Must have been him, he is the one leaving and pissed off... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

But your point is salient, and apropos. This is a hobby as well as a business........for some. I find it truly sad that an enthusiast who chooses to go into the business of Studebaker stuff has to develop such a thick hide to protect himself from those very enthusiasts. This does not speak well for the future of this hobby at all. Knowing the people as I do within this club, I would not jump in with both feet to supply items to customers at a profit. Especially if it involved major capitol outlay for development, manufacturing, and inventory. Yes, there are other outlets for creative energy, both hobby wise, and business wise. To be excoriated for choosing a different path just reinforced the decision to stay on that 'other' path. Successful people are just that...successful. They can, and will go somewhere else and become successful again. Sure, sometimes it doesn't work, but you usually won't see successful people hang around a losing proposition for long, if at all. No one 'loses' anything up front. But what might the hobby have gained if it had supported the effort? If you must get a grip, you'd best know what you are holding on to. I have seen several people choose to let go of their grip on this hobby, rather than watch their grip slip through their hands because the rope was too skinny.

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Anyone familiar with Studebaker's and their owners should see that high tech, high development cost, and high performance type parts are appealing to many but affordable to few.

Maybe 2 to 10 percent of Stude enthusiasts have deep pockets, maybe 60 percent are well off, and a bunch like me are just trying to enjoy our Studebakers on a very limited budget/fixed income.

I thought Nimesh's big bore diecast aluminum engine was a great idea but I would have to sell every thing I own to buy one.

I think most Stude enthusiasts are great people but there is always that "1 percent" lurking in any group.

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Transtar60

Cain't argue any of that but... One who enters a business must be realistic or risk failure.

I know one guy not far from here who has a sizable shop and prefers to work on Studebakers but we doesn't chase any, (including modern models), of Chevys, Ferds etc. away.

The bottom line depends on being flexible, savvy gut forecasting and good customer service.

JT

(Who would make a terrible biz person...)

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire