SD auction ???

I had absentee bids on the Avanti and 4 wheel drive truck, but they both disappeared. The don't show up as items items I'm bidding on, nor items won or lost. JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
Daytona HT

63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk 63 GT Hawk 63 Avanti R1/AC gold 63 Avanti R1/AC Silver 63 Avanti R2/4 speed 62 Lark convert/4 speed 60 Lark convert 62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 56 Power Hawk/4speed/289 51 Commander
Reply to
John Poulos

John Poulos

Lots of $75 parts cars.

Bob40

John Poulos wrote:>> I had absentee bids on the Avanti and 4 wheel drive truck, but they >> both disappeared. The don't show up as items items I'm bidding on, nor >> items won or lost.>> JP/Maryland

Reply to
Bob

Left the house at 4am and arrived at the auction a little after 9. It was already getting warm. It was effing hot! When I left for home at

5pm it was around 106, but sort of a "dry" heat.... It was cooler (95) in Mitchell SD where I stopped for some road food but it felt hotter since it was more humid. Obvious there has been little rain in those parts and it was crispy dry. Despite drinking gallons of water, I was feeling a little off by the time I was on the road for home. Almost back to normal this morning. It may be worse heat today as I think the humidity is even higher.

Most of the parts cars went to a crusher. They had a min bid of $75 in. Lots of good parts on some of them, but unless there was something special, nobody was willing to bid $85 to keep it from the crusher. There must have been 3-4 GT hawks and 2 finned hawks. Of those, I think 3 of the GTs and 1 finned went to the crusher. Also a '53 hardtop shell. The roof was messed up on that. Lots of '47-'52 stuff and 2R PU stuff is crusher bound too.

Jeff in ND

Bob wrote:

Reply to
JH

The bottom line price of scrap rules!

JT

JH wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Jeff: Thanks for the report; I was hoping someone would post.

Did the crusher give hobbyists a chance to pull parts off the cars to be crushed? Not necessarily free, of course, but at least a chance to pull parts?

That's what happened here in the little town of Bellville IN about 6-7 yerars ago when an auction like this was held. Crusher was 'most co-operative with hobbyists, and I'm sure he made more money in the process for being a decent guy. He was to come back the following week and start crushing, but anybody that wanted to could buy "picking rights" for a flat fee per car until he got back.

Anyth> Left the house at 4am and arrived at the auction a little after 9. It

Reply to
bobcaripalma