Shipping rear fender cross country?

I have a rear fender for 54 coupe to ship cross country. Any suggestions to shipping lines and how to pack it would be appreciated. Was thinking of cutting down a bicycle box and shipping Greyhound Bus. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott

If you want it to arrive alive and in one straight piece, build a small plywood, 2X4 reinforced, box around it. Then it might not make it. Oh yea, INSURE the snot out of it! South West Motor Transport does an excellent job. Greyhound is ok, but the insurance is very limited, and depending on which zones your shipping to gets worse. Your looking at about $200 to $300 max. If it's a really nice right rear, certainly worth a lot more then this.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

------------------ I just received a driver's door that was shipped from California to Pennsylvania by Greyhound, wrapped in cardboard and plastic. It made the trip undamaged for less than $ 75.00. It went from Fresno to LA to Las Vegas, to Denver, to St. Louis, to Pittsburgh. JWW

Reply to
JWW

I just fedexed a pair of 50-2 rear quarters on Thurs. from TX- CT for $130. The crate weighed more than the merchandise, but they are virtually irreplacable, and needed to get there safely.

On Fri., I sent the wife to the Post off with 4 small boxes, and she broke her hip in the parking lot on the way in:-(. I hope she get out of the hospital tomorrow.

Reply to
Barry

Sorry to hear that,Barry.Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Likewise from me. A broken hip is a serious injury.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Barry,

Give her our best wishes. Is there going to be a big party?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht