Some people have WAY too much time on their hands! <OT>

If someone can explain this I'd love to hear it, but I'm not holding my breath!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Sounds like it's right up Barry's alley .. Jeff

"Jeff DeWitt" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

You MUST explain how you came across that website!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

I started to read it then decided I didnt have the time

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Found on the net.

"The principle is essentially that between any two polar opposites, there are two midpoints. Use an (incorrect and evil) clock face as an example. If 9 and 3 are polar opposites, then 12 is halfway between them coming from 3 to 9, and 6 is halfway between coming from 9 to 3. This explanation is not much less awkward than those Gene uses, involving the four "primary races" or the Clintons, Socrates, Einstein, and Jesus, but hopefully it will assist somewhat in understanding. Gene would seem to believe in reincarnation. His talk of the importance of the village and his insistence that self is one corner is a demonstration of how people naturally live in a cubic manner, but when civilizations are built, things go haywire. Essentially, if you divide people into four groups - baby, child, parent, grandparent - and let me state that these terms describe each's relationship to the others, and is not a statement that you can't be a great-grandparent or whatever - then put them together in a village, you have a group consisting of selves at each of the four stages of human life, as they progress toward and then from nonexistence, or at least death and a disincarnate state. The self can only occupy one corner at a time, but if people live as villages, the village can occupy all four. Simple village life does tend to function more smoothly, with better defined roles for everyone. Babies are everyone's responsibility, children care for the babies and are responsible to their parents and grandparents, parents care for children and babies, and are responsible to grandparents, who are tribal elders and leaders of families, and who in many capacities care for their abovementioned descendants.

Time Cube is like Lawsonomy or logic (as in the mathematical logic you'd take as an early college or AP high school class, with Venn diagrams and such). It functions according to an internal set of rules, but is difficult to explain to people who are used to living according to another set of rules, like those of modern science or creationism. It explains a few things other systems of thought can't explain, and it can't explain a few things other systems of thought can. It's been suggested that mankind return to a village-like social structure, and whether that can be accomplished without a technological backslide remains to be seen. But I like Time Cube better than logic or Lawsonomy (and I like Lawsonomy pretty well) because its creator is a genial man with a sense of humor (his jokes were much better than the wisecracks veiled as questions and the stupid innuendos the students in the audience launched at him) and he really does mean well. "

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

On the forums where I usually argue politics I started a thread called "World Wide Wonders" and someone posted this one with the comment "Some things just defy description or explanation:"

I don't agree with that guy very often but that time I did.

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

that's my answer too--cubed

Jim Bartley on PEI

Reply to
George Mills

Set a monkey in front of a keyboard and this is what they eventually come up with.. Dick S.

Reply to
Dick S.