Sunday car show

I went to a show in New London, WI today and had a great time. Picture a perfect sunny day with the temp in the mid 70's. The setting was an old city park with mature trees and old stone park buildings. There were about 300 cars there with a good mix of rods and originals and pretty much all the brands were covered. There were two Studes there with my '64 R2 GT being one of them. Now for the interesting part. I was told to park starting a new row making my car the farthest from everything. My Hawk is far from a show car, with bondo coming out of the rust, cracked paint, bad chrome, and several small dents. I got parked next to a perfect '69 Chevelle SS 396 convertible. By the end of the day I was feeling sorry for the owners because of all the attention my Hawk was getting. I had a constant stream of people saying, 'Nice car.' asking about the engine and other Stude information. I had the owner of two very nice Porsches come back twice to talk about Studes. I had people come back with their friends to show them the car. I'm not trying to brag, because believe me there is nothing special about me and precious little special about the car, what I'm trying to say is I think the car appreciating public is hungry for Studes and anyone who doesn't get their car out there is missing a lot of fun. Okay I'm putting the soapbox away now. Happy trails, Tim K.

Reply to
GTtim