Tire repair

Shortly after Marilyn got her new car she got a flat. It was caused by a small brass screw - sort of like the ones I had spilled on the garage floor. Anyhow, she said that the guy at the Firestone shop had put it back on the car.

Had I been doing the job, the repaired tire wolud have gone into the trunk and the full-size spare gone onto the car.

Am I too "engineer"? ( In this example only, not in general) What would you do?

Karl

Reply to
midlant

I would also put it back on the car and have done so when I've had a nail or screw in my tyre, that way the spare is kept pristine - imagine if you put the spare on the car then got screw in it - you'd have no more pristine tyres.

Save the spare for a time when the tyre is flat.

Avantilover

Reply to
John Clements

Personally, I'd run the repaired tire, because theoretically if you've been rotating your tires all the "worn" ones are the same diameter while the spare is larger because there's no tread wear. Save your TT unit a little bit.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I'd put the repaired tire back on the car. I'd like to know that the repaired tire is going to leak or hold right away rather than having the repair slowly leak down in the truck and finding out on a dark, cold, rainy night on the side of the road.

Reply to
Lee

Reply to
midlant