Totally Off Topic World's Fastest Production Car

Wow is this a cool video link. The driver takes the Bugatti Veyron to 407 KM/H

Studebaker-r2-4-me

Since they are made by VW I assume you can get a test drive at your local VW dealer. And the Studebaker connection of course is that VW (of NA or just Canada?) was owned by Studebaker (at one time).

-- wf.

Studebaker-r2-4-me wrote:

Reply to
randee

My recollection of the ties between VW and Studebaker was an economic one, not a share structured deal. VW wanted to bring cars into the USA but since they had no manufacturing facilities there was going to be an import duty on every car coming into the States. Studebaker OTOH was still incorporated in Canada as an automobile manufacturer and could ship cars from Canada into the USA without any duty applying under the then existing auto trade agreement. For their trouble Studebaker got 1/2 of the duty that VW would have otherwise had to pay and VW saved 50%. Sweet deal for both outfits at the time.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie