Turner Brake part interchange #'s

A while back I saw on the newsgroup some interchange part numbers for the turner brake setup. I thought I saved it but for the life of me , I can't find it. Tried to Google it, but just can't come up with the right words. Like for the pads what Napa part# ect. And what was the rotor part number Ford,Brakebest ect. Thanks Malcom

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

Pads are ++154 97 GM intermediate (change ++ to letter for organic, semi metallic, or ceramic) rotors 6006 68-69 Mustang Cougar calipers 97 S-10 4 x 4 hose's BH 38160 bearings A-2 and A-6 seals 6815 (68-69 Mustang/Cougar) caliper pins H5004

What else?

Jim Turner

Reply to
Jim Turner

Malcolm, see notes below that I have added to Jim's P/Ns...

for the fronts these are great. For the rears you want to check carefully. These are GM part #12370018. Some GM dealers may not carry the pads - they are strictly an ACDelco product and some dealers don't handle them. I was referred to a local shop, I called and got the current Delco P/N 17D154C for rear pads (no locating clip as you would need with cupped front brake pistons)

yep, them is the ones, Torino too, or Aimco 5453 or Wagner 141752

Cardone 18-4128 and 18-4129 Fenco C134 and C135

NAPA 41-38160 or Aimco B917068 or Coni-Seal BH177031

68-69 Mustang/Cougar/Torino and is the same as Stude

and Torino too! Rear axle seals are CR13157 for tapered axles or CR13165 for flanged

Rear rotors are 1984-90 Mustang or Lincoln Continental Mark 7

Rear calipers are 79-81 Cadillac Seville/Eldorado with casting #020L and

021R or Autoline 40-4172 & 40-4173 or Raybestos FRC6033 and FRV6034 or Cardone 18-4138 and 18-4139 or OEM Rebuild kit 18-4138H and 18-4139H

Depending on the length of your spindles or the crush on your existing dust caps, you may need to persuade those dust caps into being a bit longer.

Also, get another spindle washer for the fronts - you're going to find the Mustang rotors sit inward and you need to put that cotter pin through your castellated nuts (ouch!). Thus, the nut has to sit out far enough for the cotter pin to work as advertised.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

Reply to