Weight of an original Studebaker Avanti frame

We just went out and weighed an original Avanti frame with two points of reference(pivots). We came up with a total of 344.5#, compared with the 248# of the new stainless steel frame thus far. It still has some

2x3 tubing needing to be grafted to the front end.

We think that even though that this is substantially less than the original, we are probably more rigid due to a better structure material and the fact that the X-member had no material removed for the exhaust or the driveshaft.

Go here for a picture of the frame

gene

Kewl!! I love seeing the work of people who are talented and put forth the effort to do something right! I wish I had the time and talent to take on such a project...or the money to pay someone to do it for me!

Bob

gene wrote:

Reply to
Bigbob62

That is a sharp looking frame. Has anyone found a price on these yet?

Nick

Reply to
Studedude