WILL IT FIT?? Avanti water pump on a 63 289 2 bbl Hawk

Just purchased an Avanti water pump. It is in the mail. Would like to know if it will fit the pully arrangement on my 63 Hawk 289 2 bbl with factory air? My car has the factory 5 blade fan with fan clutch. Any body done this? jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

No, the hub is too big to fit your pulleys.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
jimmijim8

You should have just ordered the HD Lark/hawk pump. I'm not sure if your belts will line up with a modified pulley using the Avanti pump. I think the hub is way longer to go through the thick cast iron Avanti pulley and into the fan clutch.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
jimmijim8

Jim,

It looks like you'll just have to get an R motor for that Hawk! BTW, don't forget the Allegheny Region Corn Roast on Sunday.

Jim Bradley

'64 Dayt> I th>

Reply to
Jim Bradley

Which venders carry the HD Hawk/Lark water pump?

Tony

Reply to
Tony in Austin

Reply to