Want a '57 Packard wagon?

Got my '57 Packard wagon delivered today. Some good, some bad. Anyhow, the wife has "convinced" me that we don't need a hulk like that sitting around while we are trying to sell our house. And, I really have enough to do on my cars already. So, if a NGer wants it, first $1250 takes it (oldest email date/time gets it). If no one wants it, I'll throw it on ebay (and I'm posting this to the SDC forum. I took a bunch of detailed pix that can be viewed (laboriously) here:

rust is moderate on the passenger side and not bad on the driver side. Spare tire well is very good as is the tailgate. All glass is good. Passenger side doors have some rust at the bottoms and the right front door is dented. The trim slab is with the car and is only slightly dented- should be repairable. All unattached trim is with the car. Rear seat is beautiful but will probably crumble with a cleaning attempt. Has a Wonderbar radio. Visors are padded. Frame and under carriage looks real nice. Front end damage from careless pushing looks repairable- good grille, bumper and NOS hood chrome included. PO said he had turned over the engine with the starter, but I couldn't get it to turn. The "new" included battery was dead and I was using an emergency jump starter so my connections may not have been good enough. PO had started to replace the distributor- good one in lying on the engine. Supercharger does not have a Packard emblem so I assume it was from a Golden Hawk. It turns, but not smoothly. No brackets or idler pulley. Biggest disappointment was the engine- checks out to be a '56 Commander 259 (V386255). With the emergency power supply hooked up the horn and some lights worked (including the under dash courtesy lights). I don't have an ignition key to check the accessories, but PO had a glove box and tailgate key made and those locks work fine. Serial number is 57L2027 and the body tag is 57L-P 141.Paul Johnson (yes JP, I'm not a better man after all)

Reply to
Paul Johnson