Windage tray bolts

After a year or so of looking for my R1 oil pan, breather tube and windage tray. I have found enough parts to put the engine back together in the Avanti. But I am still missing the cap bolts. After searching through used Studebaker main bolt caps I found one, and one only. I've been back to that box three times, hoping to find one more. Well I never did, so a friend of mine decided that we were just going to make a replacement for the bolt. We used genuine Studebaker main cap bolts. A 5/16"X

1" Allen set screw. Drilled and tapped the main bolt and red locktited the allen screw in. I know I can hear the purist hollering about the set screw. But I have looked for a very long time for a real set and came up with nothing. We are also going to bend a windage tray as well. So here are some pics of the bolts,with 1 real one and two homemade ones. I might think twice about putting one in a R2, but I think it will be fine in the R1. Malcom
Malcom Gillette

By gosh I think that will do nicely. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8