1988 Subaru GL-10 Fan relay..

Hi.. Does anyone know where the fan relay is located for a 1988 Subaru GL-10? Fan is good but is not coming on. Engine overheats.. Thank you in advance..Jos

Reply to
jos

If memory serves, the a.c. control module is what turns the fan on and off. One of the inputs to the a.c. module is the temperature switch which is located on the lower right side of the radiator. That switch can fail, but more often than not, the terminals that plug into that switch get corroded. The correction will most likely be to clean those terminals, or repair the wires at those terminals, or replace the temperature switch.

Bill Putney

If it's anything like my 92 Loyale was (been stolen 3 years ago), the fan is connected to a bimetal switch screwed in the right side of the radiator (passenger side). Maybe this switch or its connection are defective.

Reply to
Gilles Gour

Hi all.. To all those who gave suggestions thanks.. Yes, the connectors were corroded and there was also a broken wire.. Cleaned the contacts and rewired. It works fine now..again, thanks to all for their help..Jos

Reply to
jos