Which new exhaust for Impreza WRX?

I'm looking to buy a new exhaust for my '02 WRX, what would everyone recommend that is not too expensive (not more than $550), does sound insanely loud, and is relatively easy to install?

Reply to
Patrick F. Clarin

Well...would that be a turbo back, cat back, or axle back?

You can find zillions of axle backs, and quite a few cat backs in the >$550 range, but no turbo backs (unless you want to chart new territory with some of the eBay specials!).

would be a good place to start searching.

Borla Hush has a rep for being quiet. Bosal dual-tip has a rep fro being Harley-loud. I ended up with a Bosal single-tip cat back, 3" all the way and $369 shipped. That rate seems to be pretty widely available from net vendors.

There's probably a coupla dozen more cat backs on the market!

Steve

Reply to
CompUser

Check this...I know the site is not in English but you can write them an email in English and get info. This is amazing stuff. A friend of mine just got one and it's incredibly good.

Dundo

Check the same 'Shacal' exhaust done for Alfa Rome GTV...:

Dundo