2000 Outback Exhaust question

I have a 2000 Outback wagon. It's 140,000 kms. I seem to have a leak in my exhaust. It looks like there is exhaust (quite a bit) coming out at the joint from between the front and center pipe just rear of the catalytic converter.

Is this likely just a seal in the exhaust that has worn out?? If so, anyone know the part number??

I just moved to Windsor, Ontario and there is no Subaru dealership here. Makes getting my car serviced harder.

Thanks, jim

(If you are replying by email, please keep the subject line.)

Reply to
Jim

Is there a sound associated with it? My Outback has developed a whistle when accelerating hard through 3000-4000 rpm and I'm thinking maybe it's an exhaust leak.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

It is just loud. If I accelerate hard, it does change a bit, but I would not say it whistles. My leak is rather large. I'd say there is as much exhaust coming out of the joint as there is coming out from the muffler. On a cold day it is plainly visible. My Check engine light is also on periodically now which I think might be related.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Shrek