2000 Outback Windows switch or motor ?

My 2000 OUTBACK driver window has been acting up ..goes up & down hold the switch a while goes up . Now it will go Up if I am lucky and goes down no problem after /when I get it up . ( no pun intended) Do you all think it is the switch or the motor ? I will pull the door panel and look at the motor any test that I can do with a voltmeter to see what is bad ?

Thank You all And Happy Holidayz Tony

Reply to
tropical

Almost always it's the switch making a poor contact. As for the motor, could always put 12v to one of its terminals and ground the other. Then switch the wires and it will turn the other direction. The reason the motor is working so poorly is even though it is still getting 12v it is getting very little ampsbecause of resistance at the switch. Good luck.

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY

Recently I had the same problem. Turned out to be the switch. I found a used switch at a junkyard online for $60, replaced the old one, and all was well.

My Subaru dealed had diagnosed the problem as bad motor and bad regulator, which plus labor would have cost $500. Caveat emptor!

Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

Be aware that this addendum refers to the PASSENGER door windows, If both the driver's switch and the door's own switch don't function, odds are that it's that's door motor.

Reply to
nobody >

A friend just cleans with electronic cleaning spray the switches in his 80s convertible, and 00 IOS, and they work fine.(again). Like Google, sandpaper, dielectric paste, and computer/keyboard spray "is your friend". And DON'T use WD 40! It has other uses, but not chasing electrical gremlins.

Jim Bartley on PEI

04 Forester 2.5X--not my car, just driv>> >>> My 2000 OUTBACK driver window has been acting up ..goes up & down hold >>> the
Reply to
George Mills

Yes it is just the Driver window all the rest are fine !

Reply to
tropical