E39 windows?

My passenger window goes up and down, but the express fucntion is not working. It goes down on express mode, but I have to hold the switch for the window to go up. It does not matter if it is the driver or passenger switch I have to hold it for the window to go up. Is this still a switch problem or something else? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Roy Mckoy

The window has lost itself. You need to teach it where the top is.

when you operate the window switch, you notice there are two positions separated by a slight click. You have to either hold the window switch for the full travel of the window on the first or second click. I forget which click you need, but only one of them will work, and the same one will work on the other window.

Hold the switch on the second click until the window is full up, then lower the window and test the Auto Up feature. If it does not work, then hold the switch on the first click and test again. Hold on the same position until the window has made all of the way to the top, and this will retrain it so that the Auto Up feature will work.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland