2001 Forester CV Boot question

My outer boot is leaking on my 2001 Forester. I'm taking it to the dealer for repair. Any idea how much this repair can cost? I'm assuming the boot will need replaced. Thanx in advance.

Reply to
A7N8X-X

If you're lucky and you caught it in time, only the boot will need replacement.

I don't have numbers handy, but it'll be a lot less than an axle will cost--which is what you'll need to replace if you don't repair the boot, all the grease gets thrown out, and the CV joint gets contaminated.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.