cv joint

My 2001 forester has a torn cv joint boot, and i am betting that the entire axle will need to be replaced. I know the part costs around 100. does anyone have an idea how much it'll cost for the dealer to replace it? thanks.

Reply to
jfriedman

Your Forester is probably out of warranty but I think 5 year drive train would have covered it. Just thought I'd mention it. Frank

Reply to
Frank

Many larger cities have a shop known for doing nothing but halfaxles. often, it is surprisingly inexpensive (maybe $175)and may have a lifetime warranty (excepting boots of course)

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan