2001 Forester, sputter&powerloss low speed

I have a 2001 Forester and a few weeks ago it started to idle a bit rough. Then once in a while it would stall at idle with the air con. on. Took it to my local garage and he did a tune up and also said my fuel filter was dirty and he changed it about 3000 miles ago. Still the problem has progress to the point were I am getting a bit nervous starting from a Red light fearing I may stall and get hit. My local garage asked if the check engine light came on, and that same day it did. He did a scan and said it is a fuel injection problem and seeing I have an extended warranty I should get it to the dealer . First words out of the dealers mouth, is the light on! Is this common, the car has 57k on it.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

Just a comment: If a fuel filter is dirty enough to be symptomatic, the problems will not show up at idle when fuel flow demand is minimum - it will be noticed at higher fuel flow demand situations (i.e., higher speeds and/or light to moderate acceleration depending on how clogged it is).

Bill Putney

Reply to
Edward Hayes