2001 Subaru Outback fuse problems

Okay, so just the other day, I noticed my power mirrors and cigarette lighter don't work. When I check the fuse diagram, they're both on the same fuse,
and when I went to replace that fuse, I noticed it was blown. So I replaced it, and sure enough neither of them worked. So I checked the NEW fuse and it was blown too. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but it keeps blowing my fuses.
Also, my instrument cluster won't light up for some reason with the lights on. I'm not sure which fuse it's under, but they're all still functional. I DID, however, see another fuse and two black box type things? below the fuse panel. So again, maybe there's something odd in there. Anyways, I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance!
Check and make sure you do not have a coin or anything else in you cigarette lighter, Check all 12 volt adapter sockets. ( I am not sure how many you have.) Eds

Sounds like you have a short somewhere and that the fuse is keeping your car from burning up.
Chasing down these shorts can be quite a pain.
-- Todd H. 2001 Legacy Outback Wagon, 2.5L H-4 Chicago, Illinois USA