2005 Forester XS: better than 2006 for me (hurry while they last)

I just got a 2005 Forester XS.

I was considering the 2006 models, but the 2005 XS was definitely better for me.

First of all, I'm 6' 5". That means that I cannot abide a sunroof, because it takes away precious headroom.

In 2005 models, I could get an X or an XS with no sunroof.

However, in 2006 models, the XS had been dropped, and only the X can be had with no sunroof. This means that I would miss out on certain mechanical features unavailable on the 2005 or 2006 X (like the limited slip rear differential), and a list of convenience features.

So, if you need a Forester with no sunroof, check out the 2005 XS while its being cleared out.

Reply to
Jack Gavin

I absolutely love my 2003 Forester X. Among the reasons I chose the X model was the vinyl cladding on the sides and bumpers. I do a bit of softroading that would maximize scratching where the vinyl cladding is located. If I get a scratch on the vinyl, black shoe polish makes it disappear. The 2006 "upgrade" to painted bumpers may be enough to steer me in another direction when it comes time for a replacement vehicle.

George Bame Norfolk, VA

Reply to
George Bame

Sorry to hear that. I've been looking for a new replacement for my 10yr old car and ran into a similar problem at Toyota. The Camry second model up has some features I want, but only comes with a sunroof. The sunroff does take a bit over a inch of head room,and it's a matter of "when will it leak".

Reply to
Moon Guy