2010 forester roof rack fixed point cover door assy removal

I'm hoping to cook up a custom crossbar mounting system. I started gently prying on the ends of one of the little cover door assemblies to get it out of the way, but it looked like that would just mar the plastic, so I stopped. Does anybody know how to remove them properly?

Reply to
Tom Kupp