Hardbody Door Panel Removal

I have a 1995 XE Hardbody pick-up with a blown speaker.

I need to remove the door panels to install new speakers. Looking around I have found the screws to remove the arm rest.

What I cannot figure out is the door latch. I do not see a mounting screw, even after lifting the latch and looking underneath. Also I have manual windows and these isn't a screw attching the window crank. ¿What do I need to remove the door latch and window crank?

The rest of the door panel is held in place with plastic "snaps" that can be gently pryed off with a flat screw driver.

Thanks in advance, Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

The door latch handle is keep tight with the frame that ia around it. To remove it ease a flat tip screwdriver under the bottom corners of the frame and gently pry it off. Pry it off a little at a time until it pops off. Be carefull not to break it.

Leo

Reply to
Leo Alls

Thanks Leo. Now I need to figure out how to remove the manual window crank.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

Usually held on by a clip.Take a thin towel and slide it under the handle and pull down,if you are in the right place it will free the clip,don't lose it.Or you can use flat tip thin screw driver to push each side of the clip off its base then pull it out by hand.

Thanks,Ripper We Need DEATH SQUADS in the USA to Get Rid of Terrorists AND Street Gangs!

Reply to
CBXXX

push

Thanks Ripper. I will give it a try.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

I've used the rag/towel technique many times. Stretch towel between two hands and slide it up under the window crank then continue under where the handle attaches to the door. keep it tight. you should pop the clip off. Dont lose it!

Steve

Reply to
Steve