1998 V-70 Door Panel Removal

My '98 V-70 driver's door lock button is protruding through the door tilted. I assume a screw holding it in place has come out. I need to remove the door panel to investigate & repair. I don't have a manual. Does anybody know the steps for removing the door panel. I've read in previous posts that there are anywhere from 1 to 6 screws holding the panel in place. How many are there, where are they, what's the procedure?

Reply to
Sven98

Hey, looks like I'm not the only one! The same thing is happening on my front-passenger door. It's not interfering with locking/un-locking of the door, and it doesn't look too bad - so I wasn't going to do much about it. But in case you find out that it's REALLY easy to fix, I'll keep an eye on this discussion and might just do the same fix as you.

Yours,

Allan

... and Sven98 spake, saying:

Reply to
Allan Shearer

To Remove the door panel

1) Remove the cover that hides the mirror just gently pull off 2) In the recess for the door handle there is a small square cover remove this cover behind the cover is a torx 25 screw remove this screw 3) the door panel is now held to the door skin by a series of clips gently start @ a bottom conner & pull panel will come off as for the master window switch you can either leave the connectors in or remove them they only go in 1 way Glenn ASE Certified Automotive Technician Volvo Master Technician
Reply to
Glenn Klein

Thanks for these great details, Glenn! Between you and Sven, I've now got VERY clear instructions on how to fix this problem myself.

What a great newsgroup this is! I happen to be a l-o-n-g time member of the 'Ventura Publisher' newsgroup which has always impressed me at being very professional, kind, courteous, etc.... Looks like there's yet another such newsgroup out there!

Thanks again.

Yours,

Allan Shearer

... and Glenn Kle>