86 XT Coupe Dashlight

Ive got a question. I was driving home this evening, and i noticed my dashlights were all (all across the panell - temp, fuel, voltage, speed everything) They went on with the headlights this morning, but now they are out (headlights still work). i checked the fuses, all fine. Is it a burnt bulb (hard to imagine one bulb to light all guages)?? How much of a pain is it going to be to access it?

TIA

JB

Reply to
JonnieBlue

Normally you'd expect some sort of general problem, e.g. IP ground. OTOH, I had an 86 Mazda that did that, and I ignored it since it wasn't one specific trouble light, instead it looked like a general IP failure. It turns out that despite haveing a seperate charging light, when the battery was draining, they'd light up all the lights. Deliberately (it was even shown on the circuit diagram). As if the charging system were somehow more urgent than the other systems (like, for example, Oil Pressure). Anyway maybe a couple of Japanese manufacturers had a brain-failure the same year.

You might want to check the circuit diagram. I will certainly show if it's deliberate. And if so, what it means. If not, it may help you learn where to look.

David

Reply to
David

Its just a fuse. But you should also note that it's the same fuse as the tail lights, so if it was dark when you drove it home noone could see you.

w.d

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer