'86 XT Coupe "stop light"

This is minor, but driving me insane. My "stop light" warning light came on about a month ago, and I cant find any lights out, much less brake lights. The warning light only comes on when I depress the brake - the manual says this is because a brake light is out, but as far as I can tell, they all work. And yes, I had a friend come look in the middle of the night and we still cant find any lights out. what do I need to do, any suggestions??

Reply to
JohnnieBlue

Weird !

Keep checking them so you don't get pulled over. All the fuses good? Got any tape ? Heck, maybe you can pull a fuse to get rid of the errant light?

jw milwaukee '87 XT

Reply to
J999w

I pulled the fuse, it was fine, put it back and the warning light was reset.. dont know what happend but thanks for the help.. ill see if it lasts

JB

Reply to
JohnnieBlue

Nevermind, I just drove it.. the stop light warning was back, and still no lights out. i pulled the fuse and replaced it, no luck (but my dashlights were temporarily out) Also, i noticed that the fuse (for dashlights anyway) didnt match with the diagram on the fuse cover. Maybe i pulled the wrong fuse for brakelight?? Anyone else notice the discrepancy, any suggestions?

JB

Reply to
JohnnieBlue

Nevermind, I just drove it.. the stop light warning was back, and still no lights out. i pulled the fuse and replaced it, no luck (but my dashlights were temporarily out) Also, i noticed that the fuse (for dashlights anyway) didnt match with the diagram on the fuse cover. Maybe i pulled the wrong fuse for brakelight?? Anyone else notice the discrepancy, any suggestions? JB

Reply to
Andrew