90 Legacy strange transmission problem

The transmission works fine whenever the car is started but after running 2-3 miles, it starting to slip. I have to turn off the engine and restart it again to make the slip go away. I have to do this every several miles. Once the engine is restarted, it can change gear.

Does this problem can be solved by changing a electronic component or needs a total rebuild?

Thanks

Reply to
EC