'93 Legacy turbo

Hello, I am looking at buying a '93 legacy turbo, automatic trans. Does anyone know of anything expensive I should look for that might be wrong? I'm not very fond of autos, but it seems to shift well, the turbo spools up, by the sound of it's whistle, there is no boost gauge, other than that it's not too bad for a 112k mile car. had a bit of an oil leak under the engine, slight smoke from somewhere after driving it. Don't know if the AWD was working or not. Thanks,

-- David Algie

Reply to
David Algie

Apparently, if you get a whistling sound from your turbo it's a sign that the bearings are on their way out, not good

Reply to
Ryan