'93 Subaru Impreza 1.8L AWD sedan

I've had my Impreza about four years. I bought it at high mileage, about 80,000 and its now at 170,000. I haven't had too many problems with it, just higher maintenance costs on a higher mileage car.

Last Wednesday I let a friend of mine change my oil and by mistake we put 5.5 quarts in! My brother and I today drained the whole thing and replaced it with 4 quarts because it had started making this horrendous noise. It still hasn't stopped making the noise and I'm worried I've done some irreparable (or terribly expensive) damage to my car's crankshaft. Any advice?

Also, though this seems like small potatoes in comparison with the above problem, I'm having trouble finding my car's paint color at local auto parts places. No one seems to have the color, I don't even know the name. I know its stock, and the color code says 363, but its this shade of plum purple that I can't seem to find anywhere, anybody know where I could get it?

Reply to
circeravaine

I'd be surprised if the extra quart or so would do any structural damage to the engine. Are you sure you didn't drain the oil and put 5.5 quarts of new oil in the transmission?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Yes, positive. We only put in 4 quarts.

Reply to