93 Subaru legacy

Hi,

i just wsnted to know if i made a wise choice today. Unfortunately i got on this site a bit late as i have already bought the car.

I bought this car from a dealer:

93 legacy 73000 miles clean from outside and inside. power windows i drove it for a while and i think that the engine seems good. i bought it for $2000 did i pay too much? or was it a good deal. 30 day/1000 mile warranty and an extended warranty of 3 months, covers any part that had oil in it.

It would be great if you could tell me if i made a good decision.

thanx for the help.

Arpan

Reply to
arpanlib

I think so - I bought a 96 Legacy 80000 miles for $6000 two years ago and have been so pleased with it I bought a 99 Legacy 120000 miles for $4300 a few weeks ago. It is really difficult to find a used Legacy round here in Allegany NY, even though I find them the absolute best in snow, for traction, stability and low center of gravity. A driver turned me over three times in a Geo Tracker SUV, so no more SUV's. Gil

Gil Cleeton

Hi,

thanx a ton for the information. i also wanted to know the reputation for this car in the market?

also, did you ever have a problem with your car? i mean oil leak, engine trouble, transmission?. what is the overall rating of this car?

thanx for the help.

arpan

Reply to
arpanlib

I only renewed the drive belts on the 97 Legacy, because they looked cracked. On the 99 I have had to have a new starter motor. On the 99 the speedometer is intermittent and I am looking into that at the moment. Front seats on 96 a bit low by now. There is a leak in windscreen washer tubing to back window which flooded the carpet behind driver seat and I can't understand that at all, but I have blocked it at the reservoir! Otherwise completely reliable. My wife drives one I drive the other. You just can't get them here they are always kept in the family. This newsgroup is interesting , also the 'Ultimate Subaru' discussion list, both really helpful. Plenty of spares on ebay too but I've never needed any! Keep in touch Gil

Reply to
Gil Cleeton

The car will go to 250K miles with some care and maintenance. Any record of when the timing belts were done last. 60K mile interval suggested. Any oil leaks at the bottom of timing belt covers (just behind the fan) would indicate a leaky oil pump which is a common problem. If there is a leak and you can get them to fix under warranty, the additional work and parts for timing belts is negligeable. At any rate, you can't hardly get a quality child's scooter these days for

2 thousand. Check out the Ultimate Subaru Message Board on line with any questions.
Reply to
brusbrother