95 subaru impreza sedan

does anybody know what kind of code scanner i can use(that works for this car) to diagnose the check engine light?

Reply to
teranews

I don't think you need a code scanner to do that year. I had a '95 impreza L AWD that I didn't need a scan tool for. There is a way to connect the diagnostic connectors under the left side of the dash and read the blinking lights to figure out what the trouble is.

Reply to
DG

Practically any OBDC II scanner will work. I use an Actron CP9135 myself. Or, you can go to most of the big retail auto marts (AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, etc.) and they will read the code(s) for free.

Make sure you get the actual code number, not just their attempt at an explanation.

Many of these code readers will also allow you to erase the codes, if you wish.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bailin