98 Outback Impreza, clockspring

After some amount of google research, I've come to the conclusion that I'm experiencing a fairly common roll-connector/clockspring problem. The horn and cruise control are out, and the airbag light is on constantly. In an unrelated story, my driver's side electric lock has also quit working.

Repairing these myself is likely out of the question (I'm lucky if I can get a tire changed) so the dealer is pretty much my only option.

I was hoping someone could give me some idea what I might expect to shell out to fix either/both of these problems. I just wanted to avoid walking into the dealership with a proverbial blank check stapled to my forehead, you know.

Also, if a bad clockspring makes the airbag, horn and cruise go bad, does this mean I can expect problems with the wipers and turn signals?

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks, JD

Reply to
Justin D