Where oh where is the horn relay on 84 Mustang

I (my kid really) has an 84 L (not the lx, the 'l') with the 4 cyl and the horn does not work. I think it is the relay but be darned if I can find the thing. I got desparate and went to Pep boys and bought one hoping that they would sell me the right one and then knowing what I was looking for I could find the durn thing. If it is in the engine compartment I sure did not see it. I do not think that it is behind the instrument cluster.

Help me please. What am I looking for and where should it be? The wire from the steering wheel contacts to the horn are continious, but when I poke the horn button I do not hear a 'click'.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

/
Reply to
John Welch

Around 8/8/2003 8:00 PM, John Welch spake thusly:

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Just FYI... on the 1984 models, they moved the horn back to the steering wheel as opposed to the multi-function switch. Seemed too many people were having problems finding the horn in an emergency situation.

I'd guess bad horn. I've had a few of those die.

On these cars, the horn/cigar lighter/cruise (if applicable) are all tied together on one fuse. I'd check that just out of a whim... but as far as I know, you're right about the lack of horn relay.

JS

Reply to
JS

Around 8/10/2003 10:13 AM, JS spake thusly:

Well, good for Ford. Having the horn on the turn signal lever has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren