'99 Forester fuel cut???

Hi All!

Having fun with my new (well, new to me, anyway) Forry the other day, I found what feels like a fuel cutoff happening when I attempt to accelerate thru 110MPH. Backed off and tried it again, same thing, and right at 110. Definitely not a rev-limiter issue, as the motor was spinning at something less than 5000RPM at the time. I will comment that the SOHC 2.5 was pulling strong between 100 and 110, and would undoubtedly have made 120 or 125 before running out of juice. This on an empty stretch of highway north of my home, at an elevation of around 7000ft.

Not that I make a regular practice of going that fast, mind you, but I really resent Subaru deciding _for_ me that I'm having too much fun :-P

Anyone know anything about this? Any easy way to disable it? TIA!

ByeBye! S.

Devils Advocate

Your probably just running out of pull. My WRX stops pulling at 120 then it just creeps upward.

Reply to
Mike